I am working on a project that I can’t share yet.
It’s driving me CRAZY!!
In the meantime I have been playing with some felt. There are so many little felt doo-dads you can make; flowers, Christmas ornaments, hoop pictures…some are simple while some are covered in embroidery.
I opted for cats. I went for simple.
Basically I cut out two vaguely cat shaped pieces of felt, stitched on some bead eyes and embroidery nose, mouth and whiskers and Viola! A kitten!
I gave it paws too but I really like them.Plus my blanket stitching sucks.
I tried again and came up with this little guy…
My stitching is either much better or more disguised by using matching thread. Either way I like him a lot better.
Flush with success I decided to make another.
Should have quit while I was ahead.
Let me explain the wonky eye. I chose the dark blue beads and then after I sewed the first one on I discovered I lost the second one. I couldn’t find another one like it, and I was too lazy to find a new pair so I just used the closest bead to it I could find. So sue me.
Also turns out my stitching is maybe not improving so much.
Oh yeah…they have tails too!